Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fraternity shenannigans

As we all know, Sigma Alpha Epsilon at Oklahoma University got in a bit of trouble recently.  They were caught with a video of some brothers screaming a racist chant.  SAE is now banned from Oklahoma University.  This is not just a problem for the SAE's but it makes all fraternity members look bad.

Fraternities generally do not have the best rep.  They party, and get in trouble frequently.  But what I'm getting at here is that fraternities aren't always doing bad things.  The bad things are always getting put on the news and online.  The good things get swept away and people do not realize that fraternities also do philanthropy events to benefit good causes such as Kappa Alpha Order and the muscular dystrophy association.

Yes, fraternities party and do stupid things.  Being a member of Greek life myself, I find it very annoying that people look down upon fraternities and their members for associating things that they would never do.  I know an SAE from a university in NH and he is one of the nicest people I know.  Its sad to see people getting looked down upon for being guilty by association.

Being a part of greek life has been the best decision that I have ever made and I hope my children take after me and go greek in college.  You make so many friends that you keep for life and make some of the best memories you will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment